Aby Rinella | Episode 027God's Creation - Our Classroom
To say Aby Rinella and her family have a passion for experiencing God through His Creation is an understatement! They want you to have the freedom to do the same. As a former teacher, Aby thought public school was best for kids–and then God called her to homeschool. You’ll love this inspiring conversation with Zan and Aby (and a cameo by Joe Tyler) on trusting God, homeschooling, hunting and fishing, serving others, and much more!
About the guest
Aby Rinella lives in the mountains of the west with her college sweetheart, where they homeschool their 3 kids. Aby writes and speaks to encourage and inspire families to live the life they were designed to live, to train up their children in God’s Word, and to stand on truth in a culture that has lost its foundation. The Rinellas are board members of their state homeschool organization where the work to defend homeschool freedom for future generations. Aby and her husband, Jesse, write for the outdoor industry, as well as run a non-profit, Called Beyond Adventures, that takes families impacted by disability on outdoor adventures.
Things you'll learn from this episode
- The Rinella family is passionate about God’s creation. Hunting, fishing, and time outdoors have taught the Rinella kids many great life lessons like teamwork, creativity, and a strong work ethic. Simultaneously this time outdoors has built their character, their awareness and awe of God’s creation, and closeness as a family.
- Aby was a public school teacher, and she thought public school was best for kids until she had children of her own. When she held her first baby in her arms, she came home from her teaching job and never looked back. They’ve homeschooled ever since..
- God has lessons to teach each of us as we spend time in His creation.
- The blessing of homeschooling is that we can do it together as a family. We can adjust where needed. Aby and Zan discuss the freedom to homeschool the way God uniquely created each of our families.
- You may doubt your abilities, but you can rest in the knowledge that if God has called you to homeschooling, He has also equipped you for this great work. He is faithful. He will lead, guide, and provide.
Mentioned in this episode
- Called Beyond Adventures, calledbeyondadventures.org
- Romans 1:20 ESV “For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”
- Matthew 6:33 ESV “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
At BJU Press Homeschool, we’re committed to providing children an education from a biblical worldview that is academically sound and challenges them to advance, think critically, and live like Christ. This type of education is not often possible in public schools because of the number of children taught in a classroom, a difference in worldview, and peer and societal pressure to conform. Homeschooling allows parents to instruct and disciple their children without daily fighting messages from an opposing worldview taught in the classroom. And with tuition costs and fees for private schooling or tutoring, homeschooling may be the only option for parents who are concerned for their children’s physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being.